Our church is legally arranged as a charity (The Parochial Church Council of St Mary’s Lutterworth) and each year we hold an Annual Meeting. As our financial year runs along the calendar, the meeting must legally be held by the end of April the following year. This year churches have been given legal exemption to delay the meetings until October.
The Annual Meeting includes a number of legal necessities, but is also a great chance to consider what God has been doing and look to the future. We also have elections for a number of different roles in the church:
- Election of Churchwardens – these are senior leaders in the church, but not staff or clergy)
- Elections of Trustees (PCC members)
- Election of Deanery Synod Reps – these three people represent our church in the wider Diocese of Leicester.
Details of our current PCC can be found here. In order to vote at the Annual Meeting, you need to be on the church’s Electoral Roll. Please download and complete this form.
All three of our churches have their meetings coming up
- Bitteswell – 11th October at 12noon following the 11am service
- Lutterworth – 12th October at 7.30pm (online with a livestream in church)
- Cotesbach – 18th October at 3pm preceding the 4pm service (this a correction)