What is Pastoral Care?
Pastoral Care is implicit in what we do as a church and inherent in who we are as Christians. We want to aspire to a healthy Christian community in which people know that they are loved, visitors are welcomed, and young and old alike are valued and feel safe. The care that the church offers, both at times of crisis and in everyday life, is an active proclamation of God’s love in Christ and for the entire world. Caring or befriending at church gatherings and activities, and between Christians, should be seen as a normal activity of every Christian.
What is Lutterworth Church aiming to provide in Pastoral Care?
- To provide Pastoral Care for all – as defined above
- To come alongside people to support them through difficult times with acts of friendship and love
- To respond to people’s specific needs
- To seek God’s guidance and discernment so that we can listen, care and support people in need
- To work as a team with trust and confidentiality, and to not attempt to offer what we cannot honour
- To be the bridge between those we encounter and Jesus, and to seek to be Jesus to them.
How does the Church do this in Lutterworth?
- A warm welcome can be found at every service we provide, every day of the week. The main service is at 11am every Sunday morning
- Our building and café is open for coffee and for visitors every day from 10.00am to 12 noon, with a listening ear always available
- We operate with the help of many volunteers, who, as required, have been DBS-approved and have completed the necessary paperwork under the Safer Recruitment policy
- At every activity we provide there is a person present who will respond to pastoral need of any kind
- Those in the community who are no longer able to attend church services can receive Holy Communion by an agreed Pastoral Visitor
Every person, whatever age they are, who meets a member of this Church community whether inside the church building or outside in the town and community is special. There are so many ways in which pastoral care can be given to all who are in need. As Christians, we act as the hands, eyes, feet and smile of the Living Lord, Christ Jesus today, who welcomes all.
If you’d like to get in touch with our Pastoral Care Team, please speak to our Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01455 558797).