VACANCY: Premises Officer
THIS POST HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
We are recruiting! We have an opportunity for someone with buildings management skills to join a motivated team.
Are you someone who…
- Loves people and will come to serve.
- Is well-organised and efficient.
- Enjoys being part of a team and wants to serve with others.
- Work with the Buildings Management and Administration Team to oversee the maintenance and upkeep of our buildings and equipment.
- Supervise part-time cleaning staff.
- Oversee lettings of church properties.
- Maintain adequate stocks of supplies in the church building.
- Take a lead on day to day health and safety arrangements.
- Organise and keep records of key holding.
- Grow as part of our team, with the room for role advancement according to your skills and the needs of the church.
Your Personality and Skills
We are looking to someone who has experience in buildings management and an understanding of how this might work in a church environment. Your attitude and willingness to learn is more important than your current skills.
You will have…
- An engaging personality, patient, warm and open.
- Organisational skills to support church and community activities.
- Some competence in IT, with a willingness to learn.
- Comfortable working with a team of different people.
- Self-motivated to work without constant supervision, but with support.
- Honest and reliable in all your dealings.
Hours: : This role is for 10-20 hours per week which would normally include three 5-hour days, with the remaining hours for additional evening work for meetings and events. There is an expectation of flexibility, with some work in evenings.
Salary: £9.30 – £11.25 per hour. We never pay less than the Living Wage, as defined by the Living Wage Foundation, currently at £9.30 per hour.
Employer: The Parochial Church Council of St Mary’s Church Lutterworth
Term of Office: This position is permanent. A probationary period of 3 months will apply prior to confirmation of the post and thereafter three months’ notice are required by either party, in the event of a termination of contract.
Christian Faith: There is no occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be a practising Christian, but you must be in strong sympathy with our vision and ethos and willing to act in a manner consistent with being a member of a Christian organisation.
Holiday: The holiday entitlement is 30 days per year, pro rata, including bank holidays. (It is sometimes necessary to work on a bank holiday e.g. Good Friday)
Safeguarding: Because this role involves being in a position of trust with children and vulnerable adults, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are all about Jesus!
We are a benefice of three churches, with the villages of Cotesbach and Bitteswell sitting either side of Lutterworth, a small market town in South Leicestershire. Over the past few years, we have seen significant growth, and we want to meet the challenges and opportunities God has given us.
We are committed to bold and relevant evangelism, faithful and dynamic Bible teaching, with consistent and kind pastoral care. John Wycliffe was rector here in the 14th Century and we intentionally place ourselves in that spiritual heritage – seeking to make the good news of Jesus accessible to everyone.
Join the Team
We are a Christian family seeking to serve God in the work he is doing all around us. We have a strong and committed ministry leadership team, consisting of both employees and volunteers. Led by our Lead Minister, Charlie Styles, we have sought together to build a varied team, leading and enabling a broad range of ministry working to everyone’s strengths.
Part of the Diocese of Leicester
The diocesan vision is to be Shaped by God and to see growth of the Kingdom of God in:
- the depth of discipleship,
- the number of disciples of Jesus,
- loving service of the world.
Here in Lutterworth, Cotesbach and Bitteswell we want to see God’s kingdom come.
Want to find out more?
Please contact our Youth Minister, Ben Horrex, for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mary’s Church, Church Gate, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4AN
Applications must be received by 12 noon on Monday 12th October 2020.