We have an exciting opening in our new Community Chaplaincy Team. The role is for a part-time Community Chaplain – someone with a vision to help us connect with the town of Lutterworth and neighbouring villages.
The Community Chaplaincy Team has been set up to pioneer mission in our community and its four main priorities are: CONNECT, PRAY, WITNESS and EQUIP. They will be a consistent presence in the local area and will facilitate a yearly pattern of missional opportunities.
This individual will be part of a church team dedicated to serving the local community and sharing the Good News of Jesus.
Are you someone who…
- Loves telling people the Good News about Jesus.
- Is willing to be innovative and pioneer a new ministry.
- Can build, equip and sustain a team.
- Can cultivate a culture of mission and evangelism.
- Work with church members and staff to create a Community Chaplaincy Team.
- Pioneer mission in the local community alongside this team.
- Be a consistent presence in the local area by following a weekly visiting rota.
- Help create and facilitate a yearly rhythm of missional opportunities (short-term evangelistic opportunities that will encourage church member participation).
- Liaise with the church’s strategic teams to develop evangelism, discipleship and training opportunities.
- Seek to cultivate a culture of evangelism in line with the church’s vision.
- Point those wishing to explore faith in Jesus towards regular church programmes such as Christianity Explored or Alpha.
- Think strategically about the Community Chaplaincy Team and its development.
- Grow as part of our team, with the room for role advancement according to your skills and the needs of the church.
Your Personality and Skills
We are looking to someone who has experience in sharing the Gospel and is passionate about connecting with those the church has yet to engage with. Someone who can pioneer a new project and develop it into a sustainable (yet always innovative) ministry.
You will have…
- An engaging personality, patient, warm and open.
- Organisational skills that will support church members and provide clear leadership during missional endeavours.
- A willingness to take risks and continue learning.
- Some competence in IT.
- Comfortable working with a team of different people.
- Self-motivated to work without constant supervision, but with support.
- Honest and reliable in all your dealings.
- Prayerful and a disciple of Jesus.
Hours: This role is for 10-15 hours per week. These hours would be split between daytime, evening and weekend work. There is an expectation of flexibility, with us confirming a clear working pattern with the successful candidate.
Salary: £9.30 – £11.25 per hour. We never pay less than the Living Wage, as defined by the Living Wage Foundation, currently at £9.30 per hour.
Employer: The Parochial Church Council of St Mary’s Church Lutterworth
Term of Office: This position is for three years. A probationary period of three months will apply prior to confirmation of the post and thereafter three months’ notice is required by either party, in the event of a termination of contract.
Christian Faith: It is an occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be a practising Christian.
Holiday: The holiday entitlement is 30 days per year, pro rata, including bank holidays. (It is sometimes necessary to work on a bank holiday e.g. Good Friday)
Safeguarding: Because this role involves being in a position of trust with children and vulnerable adults, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are all about Jesus!
We are a benefice of three churches, with the villages of Cotesbach and Bitteswell sitting either side of Lutterworth, a small market town in South Leicestershire. Over the past few years, we have seen significant growth, and we want to meet the challenges and opportunities God has given us.
We are committed to bold and relevant evangelism, faithful and dynamic Bible teaching, with consistent and kind pastoral care. John Wycliffe was rector here in the 14th Century and we intentionally place ourselves in that spiritual heritage – seeking to make the good news of Jesus accessible to everyone.
Join the Team
We are a Christian family seeking to serve God in the work he is doing all around us. We have a strong and committed ministry leadership team, consisting of both employees and volunteers. Led by our Lead Minister, Charlie Styles, we have sought together to build a varied team, leading and enabling a broad range of ministry working to everyone’s strengths.
Part of the Diocese of Leicester
The diocesan vision is to be Shaped by God and to see growth of the Kingdom of God in:
- the depth of discipleship,
- the number of disciples of Jesus,
- loving service of the world.
Here in Lutterworth, Cotesbach and Bitteswell, we want to see God’s kingdom come.
Want to find out more?
Please contact our Minister in Training, Ben Williams, for more information: email@example.com
St Mary’s Church, Church Gate, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4AN
Applications must be received by 12 noon on Friday 16th October 2020.
Interviews are planned for Tuesday 27th October 2020.