*Applications for this role have now closed*
We are recruiting! We have an opportunity for someone with administrative and communications skills to join a motivated team.
You are someone who…
- Loves people and will come to serve.
- Is well-organised and efficient.
- Enjoys being part of a team and wants to serve with others.
- Work in our Church Office as part of our administration team.
- Work with the Admin Support Team, who oversee the administration of the church.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails on behalf of the church.
- Communicate with the church and wider community using phone, email and church management software.
- Ensure the church buildings are kept presentable.
- Maintain and update the church database and online calendar.
- Prepare and deliver emergency foodbank parcels.
- Take minutes of meetings as and when required.
- Provide full PA support to clergy, as and when required.
- Oversee the arrangements for the occasional offices including funerals, weddings, baptisms and confirmations.
- Liaise with ministers, funeral directors, organists, vergers, choirs, bell ringers and others to facilitate life events.
- Record and administer weddings, banns, funerals, burials, churchyard and memorial book records.
- Ensure that burial returns are completed.
- Keep statistics of regular services and activities.
- Periodically update and distribute the Church Directory.
- Produce weekly Church News in printed and email form.
- Compile and deliver Church at Home packs for church members unable to visit in person.
- Manage bookings for our church buildings through church management and calendar software.
- Liaise with flower arrangers and florists, especially for life events such as weddings and funerals.
- Maintain adequate stocks of supplies in the church buildings.
- Support the Connect Team to organise community events and outreach activities including Remembrance services, the Lutterworth Light Switch On and our regular Service to Remember.
- Update the physical noticeboards and signage on site.
- Grow as part of our team, with the room for role advancement according to your skills and the needs of the church.
- Encourage and support our church family to reflect God’s love and care for one another.
Your Personality and skills
We are looking to someone who has experience in administration and an understanding of how this might work in a church environment. Your attitude and willingness to learn is more important than your current skills.
You will have…
- An engaging personality, patient, warm and open.
- Organisational skills to plan and co-ordinate church and community activities.
- Some competence in IT, with a willingness to learn church management software.
- Comfortable working with a team of different people.
- Self-motivated to work without constant supervision, but with support.
- Honest and reliable in all your dealings.
Hours: This role is for 15-25 hours per week which would normally be worked across the week, such as multiple five-hour days. There is an expectation of flexibility with some work in evenings.
Salary: £18,525 – £22,415 pro-rata. We never pay less than the Living Wage, as defined by the Living Wage Foundation, at £9.50 per hour.
Employer: The Parochial Church Council of St Mary’s Church Lutterworth
Term of Office: This position is permanent. A probationary period of 3 months will apply prior to confirmation of the post and thereafter three months’ notice are required by either party, in the event of a termination of contract.
Pension: Unless you choose to opt-out, you will be enrolled in the Church Workers Pension Scheme with effect from the start of your employment.
Christian Faith: There is no occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be a practising Christian, but you must be in strong sympathy with our vision and ethos, willing to act in a manner consistent with being a member of a Christian organisation. This position requires the successful candidate to be sensitive and confident as a public ambassador for the church in the local community and wider world. It is therefore important that you are able to develop and promote opportunities for Christian mission as the church seeks to grow. A knowledge of the church environment as a practising Christian would be an advantage in the role.
Holiday: The holiday entitlement is 30 days per year, pro rata, including bank holidays. It is sometimes necessary to work on a bank holiday (e.g. Good Friday)
Safeguarding: Because this role involves being in a position of trust with children and vulnerable adults, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are all about Jesus!
We are a benefice of three churches, with the villages of Cotesbach and Bitteswell sitting either side of Lutterworth, a small market town in South Leicestershire. Over the past few years, we have seen significant growth, and we want to meet the challenges and opportunities God has given us.
We are committed to bold and relevant evangelism, faithful and dynamic Bible teaching, with consistent and kind pastoral care. John Wycliffe was rector here in the 14th Century and we intentionally place ourselves in that spiritual heritage – seeking to make the good news of Jesus accessible to everyone.
Join the Team
We are a Christian family seeking to serve God in the work he is doing all around us. We have a strong and committed ministry leadership team, consisting of both employees and volunteers. Led by our Lead Minister, Charlie Styles, we have sought together to build a varied team, leading and enabling a broad range of ministry working to everyone’s strengths.
Part of the Diocese of Leicester
The diocesan vision is to be Shaped by God and to see growth of the Kingdom of God in:
- the depth of discipleship,
- the number of disciples of Jesus,
- loving service of the world.
Here in Lutterworth, Cotesbach and Bitteswell we want to see God’s kingdom come.
Want to find out more?
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Applications must be received by midday on Sunday 21st February 2021
Interviews will be scheduled for the week beginning 1st March 2021
For more information, please contact our Assistant Minister, Ben Horrex.
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ben Horrex, St Mary’s Church, Church Gate, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4AN