VACANCY: Children and Families Minister
We are recruiting! We have an opportunity for a new staff member to start in Summer 2020.
The person in this role will provide oversight and leadership for all our Under 11’s work, will co-ordinate and develop our volunteer teams and seek to expand our outreach into the community. The successful candidate will join our staff team and help support and fulfil the church’s vision to make disciples of Jesus.
Our priority in filling this role is to provide support and leadership for our church’s ministry amongst children and their families. There is, however, some flexibility within the role to accommodate whoever God sends us.
You could be involved in…
- Teaching the Bible to Children.
- Reaching out in the wider community by developing new initiatives.
- Telling the Good News of Jesus at regular assemblies in local schools.
- Mentoring families in Christian discipleship.
- Supporting and serving people (including teachers) in local schools.
- Training and supporting our volunteer teams.
- Helping shape our church in the light of God’s plan, by being a member of our leadership team.
Associate Minister for Children and Families
If you come to this role with relevant training and experience, then you will join our senior leadership team. The salary will be between £22 – 26,500. You will play a role in shaping the future direction of the church, which will involve ministry with the whole church family.
Children and Families Worker
If this is your first role working with young people in a church, then the role may be more junior, giving you time to develop in this ministry. Whilst the salary may be lower (£18 – 22,000), we will seek to offer ongoing support and training as you grow into the role.
We would be willing to consider enabling you to begin or continue education and training towards a formal qualification. This may involve giving you time and financial help to train at a Bible college.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16th March at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th March.